Executive Strategy Skills Summit
Upgrade Your Strategic Executive Skills and Attitudes to Realize Your Vision and Radically Increase Profits
Las Vegas | January 19 – 21, 2017 | Sold Out
Las Vegas | Stay tuned
Sydney | Stay tuned
London | Stay tuned
Dates subject to change
Session leader, Mark S A Smith discusses with executives the Seven Pillars of Business and details how to design a successful strategy for their operation.
“When you can’t work any harder, you must work smarter.”
Specifically created for profit-and-loss-responsible executives of companies, operations, or divisions from $5 million to $100 million in revenue, this 2 day event brings executive skills and insights to founders and staff who have been promoted to the executive suite.
The exception: a P&L responsible exec may bring select team members they wish to groom for P&L responsibility.
In our market research, business consulting, and executive coaching work, we’ve learned that in small and mid-size businesses, most top execs have limited strategic skills. While they’ve been extraordinarily successful with their past work, they’ve never acquired the required strategic skills and holistic view of the business, so become secretly overwhelmed and uncertain about what to do. The micromanaging and firefighting gobbles up their time killing profitability and scalability, limiting the company’s potential and performance. How much time, money, and energy gets needlessly wasted?
This event delivers a perfect blend of insights, tools, and workshopping so you get what you need to be a confident, enthusiastic, efficient, and effective executive leader.
- Develop your executive skill stack — what it is, how it’s radically different from a managerial skill stack, and how to intentionally develop it
- A deep understanding of the Seven Business Pillars™: Product, Marketing, Sales, Service, Operations, Finance, and Culture, which give you a holistic view of your business to understand the impact of strategy decisions across pillars
- Master critical executive business concepts that apply to B2B and B2C, for goods and services, for commercial, non-profit, and governmental operations
- Develop your own Monday-ready phased plan to improve results and grow your company
Which of These Situations Describe You?
For every $1 million in annual revenue, you’re responsible for overseeing $480 per hour of productivity.
How much of a gap is there between your executive potential and your performance?
Which of these behaviors do you recognize?
- Working long hours and still the to-do list gets longer and longer
- Your business has plataued and you can’t work any harder
- Can’t take time off without worrying about an operational catastrophe
- Took over the family business, but don’t have the executive training
- Successfully founded the business but haven’t developed the executive skills to run a larger operation
- Flat or declining revenues and can’t seem to get out of the slump
- Don’t know where to lead the company next
- Don’t know about running the whole business so must trust others to do so
- Uncertain about leadership: regret losing your cool in front of the team
- Easily distracted and you find yourself occupied by low-value tasks
- Your email box seems to run your day and is never empty
- Can’t get your management team to agree on a strategy
- Increasing competition and decreasing margins
- Incomplete, inefficient, or ineffective marketing or sales plans
- Can’t find enough good sales people
- Have a history of making bad hiring decisions, causing needless expense
- Sleepless nights wondering what to do next
- Don’t know who to promote or trust with the business
- Have family and friends in the business causing friction and conflict
- Too frequently trading family time for dealing with work emergencies
If you recognize even a few of these patterns in yourself or your leadership team, read on…
How We’ve Helped Other Executives
“It’s Monday morning and I just returned from the Executive Strategy Summit taught by Mark Smith. I was skeptical going in that we would walk out with a business strategy plan. But as you go through the work sessions and the workbook, the plan simply writes itself. I now have a one-page business strategy plan to follow and update as we hit our goals.” – Chip Evans, President, Computerware
“What I love about the way that you taught and facilitate this event is that instead of just teaching and us receiving, you created interactive dialogue so that everything that you’re instructing us on I learned ways that we could apply. And so the stacks of special cards are a translation of your teaching to our action with expedience. Thank you. Everything is outcomes-based, it’s all outcome based.” – Ally Baker, Executive Director, Thrive Integrated Health
“The biggest outcome for me was understanding and feeling how to think and be an executive and to be able to put those processes in place when I go back to my business. I was surprising how much material we were able to cover in such a short amount of time and it was very surprising that the transformation was actually occurring during the short amount time. If you really want to learn how to be an executive and get the tools necessary to be successful you should really consider coming to this event.” – Muhammed Ahmed, CEO, Merkem
“You leave with this perfect clarity about exactly where the weaknesses are, what you’re going to focus on, and exactly what you’re going to do. I was surprised at how in-depth it was and yet we got through it. You have a way of teaching a lot quickly and have it not be overwhelming. If you want to scale your business, you have to become an executive and think like an executive, and this would definitely be the place to start to get this type of content in your brain so that you can move forward.” – G Leavitt, President, Savavo
“I got a new offering that I can bring to my current clients and to prospects that’s going to be able to help us drive revenue. I’ve got some good ideas of how we can fix issues that we’ve had in the past with margin. A lot of clarity and just have a better idea of how I need to be when I’m leading the company versus working inside of the company. It’s well worth it. It’s definitely an investment of your money and investment of your time but it’s well worth it to take some time out of your business to work on your business, and this is a great way to do it.” – Chuck Lobert, Vice President of Sales and Technology, Vision Computer Solutions
“The biggest takeaway from this event is the understanding that I could take charge of my job as an executive rather than being kind of a puppet of the monster that I’ve created. It surprised me to find a group of other people that really have the same challenges that I have and be able to collaborate with them in a kind of a structured situation and get some guidance and camaraderie and exchange with other people of a like mind.” – Doug Brown, Chief, NewsWire
“As a dentist we’re just trained as tooth mechanics and technicians and just really very little understanding that we have on how to relate to our patients, and understand needs and wants to get them to a yes to what we do, especially when on the the level that we do things on, which is a little different because the nature of my business. And Mark really helped to take it to a whole another level. Every single year you and I just do something new and exciting and something relevant that is adjusted to the times. I was surprised to go back to work on Monday and have a working model of what it is that we need to do. The strategies are timeless and worth every penny. And again and again and again.” – Dr. John Augspurger, CEO, BioDentist
“The biggest thing I got out of attending the Executive Summit is instead of focusing on how things work, focus on the destination and where we’re going. Mark has a way of taking a lot of things that you already know — or you didn’t know you already knew — and wrapping them all together for the big picture to really show what it means to be an executive. I would tell others that this event is worth every penny. It’s a great two and a half days, a lot of content, and it’s going to take a little while to soak in. But it’s worth every penny.” – Chip Evens, President, Computerware
“No matter how good your IT, you must have strategic executive insights to direct your company resources to success. One of the best sources of that insight is Mark S A Smith, the founder of this event. I recommend that you seriously consider attending. It may be the best investment you make for 2017.” – Lester Keizer, CEO, Business Continuity Technology, Las Vegas
What to Expect
At this event, you’ll join other company heads to discover and install executive attitudes, abilities, tools, strategies, and tactics to better run your operation.
With a combination of lecture, practical application, and personal planning, you’ll leave with a Monday-ready action plan to deploy to your team.
Which of these topics discussed and workshopped would you find most valuable?
- The executive skill stack — what it is, how it’s radically different from a managerial skill stack, and how to intentionally develop it
- What executives think about and talk about only with other executives and never share with their team
- A deep dive into strategic design of the seven pillars of every successful business: Product, Marketing, Sales, Service, Infrastructure, Finance, and Culture giving you a holistic view of your business to understand the impact of strategy decisions across pillars
- A special session on sales and marketing strategies and tactics: why most go-to-market campaigns fail and how to fix them
- The prime directive for the effective executive – miss this and your company ends up struggling or failing
- The three top-of-mind things to consider every day to keep your business on track and moving forward
- Executive time and demand management strategies to get everything done without burning out
- Self-management for executives: how to keep yourself naturally motivated, on task, healthy, and happy
- How to select, monitor, and improve key performance indicators to optimize your operation, preserve your energy, and maximize your cognitive capacity
- Firefighting prevention and opportunities: how to stop the daily firefighting and turn crises into business advantage
- Executive fundraising strategies and tactics – how to raise money for your business
- How to communicate with every member of your team for maximum effectiveness
- Troubleshooting strategies and tools to instantly get to the heart of the issue and how to choose the best resolution plan
- How to know exactly how much to grow your company to hit or exceed your targets every time
- Working with your board of directors or business council for maximum effectiveness
- Why sales efficiency is the executive’s key focus, how to design, manage, and drive a highly profitable sales organization
- Executive tools and applications that keep your focus on what’s most important
- Special session: Hiring, managing, motivating and promoting Millennials – now 30% of the workforce
- Designing your decision checklist so you can make the best choices fast
- Managing the business lifecycle – how to optimize your business whether you are launching, growing, optimizing, or preparing to sell it
Even if you’ve identified just a few of these topics that increase your executive effectiveness, imagine what it will be like when you possess these skills, bring them to your team, and use them effectively for the rest of your career.
How much more discretionary time, money, and energy will you enjoy?
Meet Mark S A Smith
Mark S A Smith
Author and Executive Advisor
Mark S A Smith leads the Executive Strategy Skills Summit. A 36-year veteran of the business world, running his own company for 26 years, he works with companies large and small to achieve their sales and marketing goals.
Mark designs and implements leadership, sales, marketing, customer acquisition and client conversion systems that find and recruit willing buyers for products and services ranging from common every-day to high-end unique and disruptive.
He is often invited to speak at entrepreneurial and corporate events because Mark delivers unique, valuable, and pragmatic ideas to grow and succeed. With a deep understanding of international business, he worked in Europe for three years and has delivered events in 54 countries.
Mark is the author of 13 popular books and sales guides and has authored more than 400 magazine articles. He is a genuine Guerrilla Marketing guru, co-authoring three books with Jay Conrad Levinson, and is a certified Guerrilla Marketing Coach.
A renaissance man with many talents, Mark is passionate about leadership, team building, teamwork, sales, and marketing.
For over twenty years Mark has served as a strategic advisor to corporate leaders and executives all over the world who must develop the best way to bring in the right strategies for successful growth and sustainability. What makes him different is he brings a holistic view of the business instead of solely focusing on one aspect and ignoring the impact of decisions on the rest of the organization.
Working with companies of all sizes, clients include BEA, Arrow, CDW, ConnectWise, Commvault, Dell, ePlus, HP, Hitachi Data Systems, Microsoft, IBM, Ingram Micro, Agilysis, Tech Data, Oracle, Raytheon, NetApp, Synnex, Lexmark, Society of Government Meeting Planners, National Speakers Association, and Meeting Professionals International.
With his engineering, sales, and business background, he delivers systems, processes, and ideas in a way that customers, salespeople, and management understand so that they can clearly communicate with their customers.
A musician, avid reader, walking enthusiast, and father of five, he and his wife, Molly live in Las Vegas enjoying the finer things the city has to offer.
Fall 2017 Las Vegas
- Thursday — 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Optional Mixer
- Friday — 8:00 am to 1:00 pm and 1:30 pm to 6:00 pm
- Saturday — 8:00 am to 1:00 pm and 1:30 pm to 6:00 pm
You must be completely satisfied with the quality of the instruction, the professional delivery, and relevance to your business or your money back.
- The summit will be conducted at a high-tech venue. After you register, you’ll get information about the venue and recommendations for hotels in the area.
- Breakfast and Lunch will be provided
- A comprehensive binder of information, resources, and course notes provided
- You’re welcome to take notes with a laptop or tablet
- To remain focused, WiFi will not be available in the meeting space and mobile phones will be switched off until break time
- The lectures – but not workshops – will be recorded and made available to participants for an additional fee
- You agree to be recorded if you participate in the lecture
- You’ll agree to confidentiality of business ideas discussed so that ideas may be freely shared
- If you need to cancel, you can elect to transfer your seat to another qualifying executive or will be given credit towards a future event or consulting services
- Cancellations within 72 hours of the event will not be credited
If you’re running a $10 million company, you’re investing just over one hour of business revenue to substantially improve your ability to direct the company.
Registration fees and travel expenses may be tax deductible, consult your CPA
$1,900 per person for summit tuition
Because of the extensive logistics required, enrollment closes two weeks prior to the event.
Group size will be strictly limited to 50 executive participants
Early Bird Special for the Executive Strategy Summit. First 20 tickets.
- Two for One Tickets: bring your business partner at no additional charge ($1,900 value)
- Immediate access: 12 months of access to the private Executive Strategy Forum where Mark S A Smith posts business ideas and answers executive questions ($600 value)
- 6 months of monthly group coaching calls after the event to help with implementation and execution ($1,500 value)
Can’t Attend this Time?
Sign up for the Executive Strategy Insights email newsletter and get alerts about future events.
Need a Conversation Before Deciding?
Contact Mark S A Smith to determine if you qualify for this event and to discuss how your participation can grow your business.
Fill out the form below and we’ll contact you within one business day.
© 2017 The Bija Company, LLC
All Rights Reserved BijaCo.com
This event produced by The Bija Company, LLC and is solely responsible for content and delivery.